Wednesday, January 25, 2012

On Inspiration


I am in a book club with some other moms- super fun and has gotten me reading regularly again. I love it. The book for March (which I have not read yet-especially since I haven't read February's- is "The Happiness Project" by Gretchen Rubin). I visited her website and watched a 1-minute video titled, "The Years are Short." (www.happiness-project.com) The video shows Gretchen and her daughter and a little story about riding the bus. The point of the video is that in the maddeningly crazy, exhausting years of motherhood: The Days are Long, but the Years are Short. It is very poignant and spot on. If ever there were a time for not being able to see the forest for the trees, it is when picking up the balled up socks and backpack from the kitchen floor (again), explaining why it is necessary to brush one's hair (again), fixing the PB&J just the right way (again),... But here's to my view across the lunch table every day.

Kindergarten starts in the fall.

The days are long, but the years are short.


No comments:

Post a Comment