Sunday, February 26, 2012

On Eating Too Well

This is the lunch that Daisy asks for. As in, "What do you want for lunch today?" followed by, "I want tomatoes and broccoli and carrots and celery and apples and ranch. That's all." "Ham?" "No." "Crackers?" "No." "Chips?" "No." "Anything with any calories at all?" "No."

I know I must be the only mother who walks into the pediatrician each year complaining about how my daughter eats too many fruits and vegetables. I mean, that sounds so ridiculous. Except when you are in the 3rd percentile for height and weight, it is painfully hard not to want to shove every kind of fat and protein down her throat that you can think of. I know intellectually that Daisy's mother made me look tall and fat and her grandmother was about the size Helen is now, so in reality, Daisy is probably going to be 4'9" and 75lbs when she is full grown, but it is hard to process sometimes. On top of that, she eats very slowly- very, very, very s-l-o-w-l-y. I thinks she would make an excellent French woman!
Ham and cheese today too. Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. I don’t know if it helps or not but we’re in the same boat here. Lily eats strawberries, tomatoes, etc. and isn’t a big meat eater. She so skinny and tiny, but like you said how big is a person with tiny biological parents going to get! At least in our case she eats the heck out of ice cream!

    And by the way, Oh my goodness - Daisy is so darn cute in the picture!

    ReplyDelete